|Salary:||£360 to £400 pcm|
|Location:||London, West Midlands, North West|
|Sectors:||Education & Childcare, Health & Social Care, Public Sector, Charities|
City Year UK is a youth social action charity which gives young people a chance to tackle one of the UK's biggest social problems, educational inequality. Through a year of full-time voluntary service we give 18-25 year olds a platform to dedicate their talent to support pupils growing up in some of the most disadvantaged areas of the UK.
Serving in a team of like-minded young people, you will support teachers in the classroom, bridging the gap between student teacher relationships, creating positive learning environments and helping to inspire a love of learning.
Following two weeks of intensive training at the beginning of year you will help support pupils in the classroom by:
• Helping to improve academic achievement, attendance and behaviour.
• Helping pupils to develop the skills they need to face emotional and social challenges.
• Providing one-to-one, tailored support to struggling / at-risk pupils.
• Running after-school clubs and social action projects.
What you will get:
• The opportunity to tackle educational inequality and inspire a generation of young people.
• First-hand experience of the education sector in the UK.
• A creative and dynamic environment helping you develop leadership skills and potential.
• The opportunity to drive, shape and deliver social change for on issues which are important to you.
• A structured training and careers programme to help you design your dream career path.
"My City Year was not only transitional but also transformational, for reasons I could never have imagine. I am a new and improved version of the person I was before." - Paul Elliot, City Year London
3.30 per hour depending on experience plus part-time salary review Northampton, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, Leeds, Yorkshire, Manchester, Birmingham ASAP
£3.30 per hour London, The East, Nationwide, Ipswich ASAP
£3.30 per hour depending on experience salary review London, The East, Nationwide, Ipswich ASAP
7800 per year London, Central London ASAP
Unpaid plus benefits plus expenses India Ongoing
Unpaid plus benefits plus expenses Tanzania, United Republic of Various