Youth Social Action - Leadership Development Programme
- £360 to £400 pcm
- London, West Midlands, North West
- Apply by:
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Job - entry level positions for school and college leavers, Gap Year and Voluntary
City Year UK is a youth social action charity which gives young people a chance to tackle one of the UK's biggest social problems, educational inequality. Through a year of full-time voluntary service we give 18-25 year olds a platform to dedicate their talent to support pupils growing up in some of the most disadvantaged areas of the UK.
Serving in a team of like-minded young people, you will support teachers in the classroom, bridging the gap between student teacher relationships, creating positive learning environments and helping to inspire a love of learning.
Following two weeks of intensive training at the beginning of year you will help support pupils in the classroom by:
• Helping to improve academic achievement, attendance and behaviour.
• Helping pupils to develop the skills they need to face emotional and social challenges.
• Providing one-to-one, tailored support to struggling / at-risk pupils.
• Running after-school clubs and social action projects.
What you will get:
• The opportunity to tackle educational inequality and inspire a generation of young people.
• First-hand experience of the education sector in the UK.
• A creative and dynamic environment helping you develop leadership skills and potential.
• The opportunity to drive, shape and deliver social change for on issues which are important to you.
• A structured training and careers programme to help you design your dream career path.
"My City Year was not only transitional but also transformational, for reasons I could never have imagine. I am a new and improved version of the person I was before." - Paul Elliot, City Year London
Sign up for job alerts - its free