Receptionist and Administration Apprentice - Shoreditch
- £170 per week + Travel
- Apply by:
- Start date:
- Job type:
Summary and Reporting Line
The Receptionist is a key role within Hotwire ensuring that the working and client environment is superb and that the office is enjoyable for the teams to work in. This role is for a part-time receptionist to join our operations team to provide support and cover for our front of house administrator.
Reports to Front of House administrator and Finance director.
• Ensure that the first point of contact with Hotwire is professional and courteous for all callers and visitors. Efficiency is essential; therefore the target is to answer 90% of all calls within 3 rings. Visitors should be offered refreshments as required.
• Understand and learn Hotwire's telephone system to ensure that any problems are solved and to act as a point of expertise for the teams.
• Ensure the office is tidy and presentable on an ongoing basis, paying particular attention to the reception area, meeting rooms and kitchens.
• Setting up staff meetings and events to include the ordering of catering, when requested, making drinks and ensuring that rooms are presentable and set up correctly.
• Performing functions every morning and evening to ensure that teams can work effectively, including dealing with post and magazines quickly.
• Demonstrate professionalism when working with clients, prospects, vendors and colleagues, whether in the office or off-site.
• Organise travel, accommodation, couriers, taxis' and assist teams with other projects when requested.
• Help to maintain office resources and materials e.g. stationary, consumable goods, etc and keep a record of all transactions.
• Become proficient with office technology and show an interest in using new technology applications as they become available throughout the agency.
• Support the Office Manager with Health and Safety.
Attributes and Proven Skillsets required to be Hotwire's Receptionist
• A superb manner for dealing with visitors and enquiries, both face to face and on the telephone
• Excellent time-keeping as the receptionist's presence during office hours is vital
• Excellent organisational skills and an ability to work well under pressure
• High degree of care within the office over the environment and sorting out any issues
• A high standard of written and spoken English
• An excellent team player
• Required Years' Experience
• Previous office experience desirable
£150 per week
Monday - Thursday 08:00 to 18:00 (40 hours per week)
In most cases, candidates will be eligible if they:
Are aged between 16 and 23
Have NOT achieved a qualification at level 4 or higher. Unfortunately, university graduates cannot apply.
Qualification & Benefits:
The Apprentice will receive a Level 3 in IT for Business. This is an Advanced Level Apprenticeship made up of a Diploma and a Certificate. This fully accredited, internationally recognised qualification is a combination of Business, Administration and IT.
The opportunity to stay and grow within the business following completion of the Apprenticeship is available; however should you wish to move on you will have excellent skills and experience to do so. Future LDN provides continued career guidance and support to all of its Apprentices.
You will always have the chance to speak to the team about your next steps, and be supported in making the right progression decision for your circumstances.
If you're not going to University, this is an ideal opportunity to learn new skills and find out what working in a business is all about.
Sign up for job alerts - its free