Project Management Graduate - Airbus
- £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
- South East, Portsmouth
- Apply by:
- 4th November 2018
- Start date:
• Start date: September 2019
• Location: Portsmouth
• Application closing date: 4th November 2018
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
As a Project Management Graduate on the Airbus Defence & Space 2019 Graduate Programme, you will have the opportunity to get involved in all aspects of project delivery and gain an understanding of project management lifecycles and methodologies.
Working alongside experienced project managers, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of complex and high-profile Engineering projects within Space and Secure Communications, allowing you to develop broad understanding of all areas of the business. Airbus Defence & Space is aligned with the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Main activities will include:
• Manage a variety of projects ranging from product development through to service delivery, responsible for On Quality, Time On & On Cost
• Develop expertise in scheduling, financial control, risk management, quality management and supplier management.
• Close interaction with multi-functional teams, developing understanding of different functional areas.
• Main interface with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
• Contributing to reporting for internal and external customers.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
• At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Business, Project Management, Engineering or related subject.
• An understanding of project management lifecycle phases and methodologies.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organisation and problem solving skills.
• Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
This role will be based in Portsmouth and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Applications will be accepted from 20th September 2018 - 4th November 2018.
Sign up for job alerts - its free