Operations Coordinator Apprentice
- £18,000 per anum + benefits
- Apply by:
- Start date:
- Job type:
Position Location: Charing Cross
Position Overview: This company is being set up as a charity with a mission to transform life chances for vulnerable children by recruiting and developing individuals to be leaders in social work and broader society. Having been set up in 2013, we recruit graduates and career switchers to join our two-year programme where they eventually qualify as social workers working in child protection and with children in need of care. This is an exciting opportunity to join a core team that provides underlying operational support to the entire organisation; there will be a number of opportunities to work with and learn from other teams. The apprentice will also play a key role in setting up a Young Person Board to enable young people who have been in care to have a direct say in the charity's work. This role might be of particular interest to individuals who have an interest or experience of support and/or involvement in social work.
• General HR and Finance support
• This area will involve assisting the Operations and HR Officer and Finance Manager with administrative duties including, but not limited to
• Responding to emails in the enquiries inbox
• Managing stationary supplies and budget
• Liaising with contractors regarding building, IT or phone issues.
• Assisting with the set-up of IT equipment for new starters (Laptops, emails, phones) and assist staff with simple office equipment problems
• Undertaking basic office administrative duties, opening the post and scanning employee documents such as staff declarations and contracts
• Learning how to process payments including expense claims, invoices and any other payments using SAGE and provide ongoing support
• Assisting in the recruitment of internal staff - this will include coordinating interview panels, and candidate invites by email and paperwork for the day
Projects and other work across the organisation :
• Assist to set up a young person Board for Frontline to enable young
people with experience of social work to have a direct say in
Frontline's work. This will involve assisting to
• Set up a process to recruit participants to the Board
• Set up a timetable for meetings in line with the work of Frontline
• Coordinate the board meetings and assist to feedback discussions
• Provide assistance to the external relations team on website, events, weekly newsletter and social media updates
• Other administrative tasks and duties as requested from the wider organisation; there will be a number of opportunities to work with other teams including, Programme, Recruitment and External relations.
Pay: £18,000 per anum (£346.15 per week, £9.23 per hour).
Working Week: Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:30pm, with an hour unpaid for lunch (37.5 hours per week)
Qualification & Benefits: Daily commute travel expenses are reimbursed. The Apprentice will receive a Level 3 in IT for Business. This is an Advanced Level Apprenticeship made up of a Diploma and a Certificate This fully accredited, internationally recognised qualification is a combination of Business, Administration and IT.
Progression Opportunities: The opportunity to stay and grow within the business following completion of the Apprenticeship is available; however should you wish to move on you will have excellent skills and experience to do so. Future UnLtd provides continued career guidance and support to all of its Apprentices. You will always have the chance to speak to the team about your next steps, and be supported in making the right progression decision for your circumstances. If you're not going to University, this is an ideal opportunity to learn new skills and find out what working in a business is all about.
Sign up for job alerts - its free