|Salary:||3.30 per hour depending on experience + part-time + salary review|
|Location:||The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, Yorkshire, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Northampton|
|Sectors:||Education & Childcare, Health & Social Care, Training|
Are you interested in undertaking an apprenticeship program within an Early Years childcare company based in London?
This is an exciting opportunity which will include practical work based training (undertaken within the workplace). You will be able to gain all the relevant employability skills and obtain a full national recognized qualification upon completion.
Entering the world of work can be exciting and worrying at the same time. We help hundreds of young people make this transition every year with our apprenticeship programmes. You may have thought about going straight into the field of work, or may have even considered continuing your studies, allowing you to gain further qualifications.
To be considered, you don't even need any experience!
• Once you are offered a job, you will become an employed member of staff
• You will be required to work a minimum of 16 weekly hours during Monday-Friday (however hours worked may be full time)
You will be assigned a personal tutor (assessor) from the start of your role. They will be available for you to contact via phone or email to discuss anything relating to your career and also attend regular visits at your workplace, to help guide you through your apprenticeship programme making sure you're happy!
• You will need to complete online assessments, which will require approx. 5-10 hours of study time a week depending on course undertaken
• You have no classroom based lessons to attend throughout your role
• You will be paid at least the minimum apprenticeship hourly rate once employed
Within this role, you will be required to:
• Work with children between the ages of 0-5 years, organise activities and be pro-active with the help and care carried out within the business
• Contribute to a high quality caring environment for children. Including creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
• Work (under supervision) providing all aspects of care/support to children, ensuring they take part with day- to- day learning and play activities.
• Ensure that the setting is safe, clean and well presented
• Assist and meet the personal/emotional needs of individual children - Changing nappies, feeding, caring and establishing a relationship with children
• Collaborate with colleagues ensuring the highest standards of work are carried out and are provided throughout your role in a positive manner
• Attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas
• Be able to understand and implement the setting's confidentiality policy
• Contribute towards an effective and supportive team environment.
In order to examine applications selectively you will:
• Be between the ages of 16-18 years of age
• Have the ability to prove a willingness to learn
• Be capable of working well in a team and on your own initiative
• Have a positive attitude
• Be flexible and have a reliable nature
• Be able to follow instructions
• Preferably have gained experience within the childcare industry
• Preferably have gained GCSE Grades A-C in Maths & English Language
Apply NOW if you would like to be considered!