Level 4 Audit Apprenticeship (Salisbury)
- Salisbury (Central and North)
- Apply by:
- 24th March 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
As a leading, independently-owned financial services firm, Smith & Williamson offer unprecedented variety — not least because we’re home to an accountancy practice, an investment management arm and a private bank. It’s our breadth of services that makes us unique in the industry. We work with a broad range of clients too — start-ups, multinationals, high-net-worth individuals, professional practices and non-profit organisations.
What does our Apprenticeship Programme look like?
We offer apprenticeships in three of our core service lines. These are structured training programmes that combine practical work experience, internal training and technical studies. You’ll be fully supported throughout, as you train to be an Associate Chartered Accountant. You’ll start by studying for the Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business (CFAB) which is a respected foundation for chartered accountancy. Once you have completed your CFAB, you’ll then go on to study the ACA (Association of Chartered Accountants). This will enable you to become a qualified Associate Chartered Accountant in 5 years rather than the 6 years (minimum) it would have taken to obtain an undergraduate degree.
What is Audit?
Companies are facing increasing scrutiny over their finances; audit accountants are responsible for reviewing a company’s financial records to ensure that they are accurate and compliant. Many businesses need to reassure investors and other stakeholders on their financial performance. Auditing has its origins in medieval times when royalty and merchants hired auditors to root out cases of theft and fraud. If you are good with numbers and have a good eye for detail a career in auditing could be for you.
Why do an Audit Apprenticeship?
You’ll work alongside managing and financial directors to provide advice and solutions that will make a real difference to a range of organisations. It’s a great way to build first-hand client experience as you undertake your professional qualification training.
What might you do on an average day at the office:
1. Working with our clients, checking that numbers stack up with fact
2. Visiting clients and understanding their businesses
3. Building valuable client experience
4. Working as part of a team to undertake a variety of audit and accountancy tasks
5. Learn how to prioritise tasks and manage budgets
What we look for in you:
1. A minimum of 112/280 UCAS points in your top three 3 A-Levels (excluding General Studies)
2. A minimum of level 5 in both GCSE Mathematics and English Language
3. A real motivation and commitment to studying towards professional qualifications
4. Problem solving and attention to detail
5. Strong communication skills and an ability to communicate on a very professional level
6. Passion for numbers
Graduates - if you have completed a degree, please apply to one of our graduate programmes: http://www.smithandwilliamsontrainees.co.uk/graduates.php
Please note, by submitting an application, you are also agreeing for Smith and Williamson to share your application information with our Recruitment Partner MyKindaFuture to progress your application for this role. MyKindaFuture will only review your information in relation to your application for this role, on behalf of Smith and Williamson.
Sign up for job alerts - its free