Finance/ Office Assistant Apprentice - Healys Law
- £150/week + travel costs
- London, Gray's Inn
- Apply by:
- Start date:
- Job type:
Established in 1980 Healys is a full service regulated Law Firm with offices in London and Brighton, providing clients with a professional and highly effective legal service. The purpose of this job is to provide an effective Outdoor Clerk/ Office Assistant service to enable the team to achieve their objectives. A few of the tasks and responsibilities would include opening the post and DX each morning, undertaking bank duties on behalf of Accounts and attending Court and Barrister Chambers as and when required. This is an ideal opportunity for the right candidate to gain invaluable experience and numerous skills, in a well-renowned firm, that could then be transferred straight on to the workplace on completion.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To assist opening the Post and DX each morning.
• To distribute Post and DX to staff at the office.
• To prepare Post and DX and send on a daily basis.
• To undertake bank duties on behalf of Accounts.
• To deal with all incoming faxes and distribute accordingly.
• To attend Court and Barrister Chambers as and when required.
• To assist fee earners by preparing court documents, issuing and filing court proceedings, serving papers and preparing court bundles.
• Photocopy documents as requested.
• To assist in other administrative tasks where required.
• Answer, screen and transfer inbound telephone calls, take and pass on relevant messages and present an excellent image of the company in doing so.
• Resolve administrative problems and enquiries and give written and oral responses to routine enquiries received from external parties.
• Comply with company policies and procedures on Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities and undertake relevant training in these areas to ensure competence and compliance.
• Any other duties as may be reasonably required by the purview of the post.
KEY CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES:
• Keen and willing to learn
• Team player
• Excellent attention to detail, ability to follow instructions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Skills in problem solving, organisation and planning
• IT Literate; proficient with Microsoft office applications proficiency, especially Word & Excel
• 5 GCSE's at grade A* to C
• Ability to prioritise
• Experience working in an office/ business environment
• Someone who has a passion or at least an interest in the industry
• A Levels / AS Levels
BENEFITS AND OTHER INFORMATION:
Expenses: Reimbursed expenses, as authorised by line manager
Annual Leave: 20 days plus Bank Holidays
Sign up for job alerts - its free