Finance & Accounting Apprentice – North London
- £160 per week + expenses
- Apply by:
- Start date:
- Job type:
We are looking to employ an apprentice that would fulfil an Accounting role within our young and dynamic team in North London that is growing rapidly.
A few of the duties the apprentice would be expected to carry out include invoicing clients and chasing payments, looking after company finances and bank reconciliation. On completion of this apprenticeship the candidate will have gained invaluable skills and experiences that could then be transferred straight on to the workplace.
If the role is carried out effectively, there will be a permanent position within the company and we are looking for somebody to stay for the long term.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Chasing outstanding payments
• Managing company finances
• Daily invoices to other clients
• Recording data and inputting into company system
• Learning how to use the company accounting system
• Other finance and bookkeeping duties
• Answer, screen and transfer inbound telephone calls, take and pass on relevant messages and present an excellent image of the company in doing so.
• Resolve administrative problems and enquiries and give written and oral responses to routine enquiries received from external parties.
• Comply with company policies and procedures on Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities and undertake relevant training in these areas to ensure competence and compliance.
• Any other duties as may be reasonably required by the purview of the post.
KEY CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES:
• Keen and willing to learn
• Team player
• Excellent attention to detail, ability to follow instructions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Skills in problem solving, organisation and planning
• IT Literate; proficient with Microsoft office applications proficiency, especially Word & Excel
• 5 GCSE's at grade A* to C
• Experience working in an office/business environment
• Someone who has a passion or at least an interest in the industry
• A Levels / AS Levels
£160 a week + Travel costs reimbursed
9am - 6:00pm, Monday to Friday (40 hours/week)
• In most cases, candidates will be eligible if they:
• Live in London
• Are aged between 16 and 23
Have NOT achieved a qualification at level 4 or higher. Unfortunately, university graduates cannot apply.
Sign up for job alerts - its free