Database Programmer & Marketing Assistant Apprentice
- £150 per week plus benefits
- Apply by:
- Start date:
- Job type:
Position Location: Westminster
Position Overview: This is a small specialist public affairs training company based in Westminster. It requires a hard working capable individual who is highly computer literate and a self-starter to work in its busy office. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of all main stream computer packages such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access Spreadsheets and an understanding of the importance of a well organised customer database, as well as have administrative skills and possesses a good working knowledge of office systems. They must be proficient in the science of computer programming and with the ability to learn new programmes and have a willingness to undergo further external training in Filemaker programming to enable them to contribute to an on-going project to update the company's existing Filemaker based database.
• The ability to undergo and successfully complete specific Filemaker
Computer Programming Training
• To use existing the Company's Filemaker Database as a basis for future development
• To assist in the creation and design of a new and improve Filemaker programmed based Database
• To transfer the vast customer database of 20,000 contact to this new system
• Initiate and oversee the development of the new Database and automated, Filemaker system
• Assist in the co-ordination and production of in-house performance spreadsheet and targeted financial results
• To Participate in team briefing/ marketing strategy meetings and contribute ideas
• To add to the maintenance of the existing database
• Assist , when needed, in the daily events management of all training courses, acting as a main point of contact to the trainers and host for customers on course day
• Answer, screen and transfer inbound telephone calls, take and pass on relevant messages and present an excellent image of the company in doing so.
• Resolve administrative problems and enquiries and give written and oral responses to routine enquiries received from external parties.
• Comply with company policies and procedures on Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities and undertake relevant training in these areas to ensure competence and compliance.
• Any other duties as may be reasonably required by the purview of the post.
Pay: £150 per week (£4.00 per hour)
Working Week: Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:30pm, on specified training days, 8:00am - 4:30pm (37.5 hours per week)
Qualification & Benefits: The Apprentice will receive a Level 3 in IT for Business. This is an Advanced Level Apprenticeship made up of a Diploma and a Certificate This fully accredited, internationally recognised qualification is a combination of Business, Administration and IT.
Progression Opportunities: The opportunity to stay and grow within the business following completion of the Apprenticeship is available; however should you wish to move on you will have excellent skills and experience to do so. Future UnLtd provides continued career guidance and support to all of its Apprentices. You will always have the chance to speak to the team about your next steps, and be supported in making the right progression decision for your circumstances. If you're not going to University, this is an ideal opportunity to learn new skills and find out what working in a business is all about.
Sign up for job alerts - its free