Cycle Maintenance Apprentice - R-evolution
- 122.50 (GBP, weekly wage)
- Apply by:
- Start date:
Full training will be provided in all aspects of cycle maintenance, from bicycle assembly to all repairs across all bicycle types. This training will prepare the apprentice to conduct the following duties:
• Repair and check bikes to a high standard ensuring that they are fit
for purpose and safe when leaving the workshop
• Check bikes on site to ensure quality is upheld
• Servicing bikes on site and conducting minor adjustments
• Complete paperwork including quality system forms and bike tracking.
• Transport bikes
• Assist at events through promoting cycling, walking and the charity, providing servicing and repairs and selling bikes
• Work to R-evolution safe systems of work
• Train volunteers and members of the community in cycle maintenance
• Size people to bikes
• Keeping the workshop clean and tidy
• Washing the charity van
An interest in cycling and general mechanics is essential in addition to a desire to learn and develop skills. An aptitude for working with tools and cycles and an ability to engage with members of the public is important. This role is physically demanding and it is essential that the post holder has a good level of fitness and a sound work ethic.
R-evolution also provide life coaching and additional training to our participants and apprentices.
• A keen interest in developing a career in the cycle world including an aptitude for light mechanics.
• The desire to learn coupled with a strong work ethic.
• We are a small team and are required to be flexible with a can do approach (see 'description of vacancy' above)
• None. Functional skills assessments to be taken before sign up. Training will be provided.
• Level 2 in English and maths desirable in addition to IT skills.
Sign up for job alerts - its free