Cycle Maintenance Apprentice - Plush Hill Cycles
- 131.25 (GBP, weekly wage)
- West Midlands, Telford
- Apply by:
- 31st December 2018
- Start date:
Plush Hill Cycles are looking for a successful candidate who will need to possess the ability and willingness to learn all aspects of cycle maintenance and repair as well as other aspects as assisting customers on the shop floor.
Plush Hill Cycles are looking for someone with the confidence and conscientiousness to go forth and develop to be the best they can and constantly strive to outperform them.
The successful candidate will learn all of the mechanical, technical and customer service aspects of building, repairing and servicing bicycles. Working in a workshop with other experienced and well qualified mechanics, you will be part of a team responsible for the technical aspect of this busy and successful shop.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Repairing brakes, gears, bearings, spokes, tyres/tubes, etc.
• Building new bikes.
• Ordering workshop materials and parts for service work.
• Liaising with customers and advising them on bike repair and maintenance.
• Working as part of a multi-skilled team
• Keeping a tidy and well organised work area.
• A mechanical aptitude
• An excellent understanding of the English language (both written and spoken)
• Basic ICT skills
• Good work ethic to work alone or in a team
• Understand how to work quickly and efficiently.
• An interest in cycling
• Good interpersonal skills and punctuality
• Attention to detail
• The understanding of the importance of doing things in a procedure
• Be passionate about getting the job done right the first time
• Be passionate for the highest quality in all areas
• Be proactive and use initiative to solve problems
• Legible handwriting
• Qualifications required
• 3 x GCSEs at grades A*-D (or equivalent) in Maths, English and ICT
Sign up for job alerts - its free