|Salary:||£140.00 plus benefits|
|Location:||North East, Acomb, Dringhouses|
|Sectors:||Food & Drink & Catering|
This position is paid at Apprentice Rate (£3.50 per hour, increasing to £5 per hour after 6 months service) and the successful applicant will be contracted to work 40 hours over 5 days including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
The successful Culinary Apprentice will need to enrol on a Professional Cookery Apprenticeship qualification with Babcock International, Marriott UK's NVQ Training Provider and fulfil their study requirements alongside the job. Please check eligibility criteria for government funding with Babcock International prior to applying for the position.
Job Tasks include:
• Learning how to prepare Breakfast [including the Egg Station], Buffet Lunches, a la Carte Dining, Bar Meals and Room Service for the Chase Bar and Grill in addition to preparing meals for the staff canteen.
• Learning how to prepare Banquet meals and private dining including Weddings, Conference lunches and Parties.
• Completing required Professional Cookery Apprenticeship with Babcock International, ensuring excellent attendance levels.
• Shadowing experienced Chefs to learn more about the kitchen environment and what it takes to succeed as a Chef.
• Attending Marriott Culinary Apprenticeship Academy training courses on Fishmongery and Butchery to enhance skills and raise profile in the company.
• Communicate and work closely with the Food and Beverage Service team to ensure prompt service and full understanding of menu items.
• Assist in the preparation of daily specials to develop culinary skills and creativity.
• Report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to Manager.
• Speak with others using clear and professional language. Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with others.
• Standing and walking for an extended period of time. Reaching overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Moving, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, and placing objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
As an Apprentice you will be included on a Professional Cookery Qualification. Your Qualification will be delivered by an Award Winning Training Provider who will support your learning and development throughout your Apprenticeship. This will involve a Vocational Learning Advisor coming to visit you on a regular basis to deliver the training and guide you through your Apprenticeship.
Our previous Culinary Apprentices have progressed through the ranks to become Commis Chef, Demi Chef de Partie, Chef de Partie and Junior Sous Chef.
A keen interested in cookery is essential for this role. If you can demonstrate what you have done in the past to try and develop your cookery skills, either at School, Home or in a previous job role then this would be advantageous. Good communication skills are also necessary, so that you can communicate with other members of the kitchen team and also the Restaurant and Bar team.
£187.50 p week plus benefits Salford ASAP
£121.50 plus benefits Ashdon, Church End ASAP
£220.00 P Wk plus benefits Brickfields, Central Bletchley, The East, Cambridge, Luton (South), Aley Green 1-Oct-2017
£262.50 plus benefits London, Central London, Rainham, South Hornchurch 1-Aug-2017
£131.63 plus benefits South East, Horsham, Broadbridge Heath 1-Jul-2017
£262.50 plus benefits London, Central London, Harrow Weald, Kenton 1-Aug-2017
16500 per year London ASAP
1000 per month London, Croydon ASAP
22000 London, Welwyn Garden City ASAP
8000 per year London, Central London ASAP
7800 per year London, Central London ASAP
18,000 London, Central London ASAP