Apprentice PA/ Admin Assistant - Croydon
- £170/week + travel costs
- Apply by:
- Start date:
- Job type:
There would be a number of duties that a candidate would be required to complete; such as, general administration, purchase ordering, sales support. During their time as a general assistant, an apprentice would learn a number of skills, and even more importantly, would gain valuable experience, both of which could be transferred directly on to the workplace once the apprenticeship has been completed.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Handling customer payments over the phone via Worldpay
• Handling face-to-face customer payments, including taking ID for hire customers
• Filing (as and when required - e.g. paid purchase invoices; sales delivery notes)
• Retail sales.
• Consumables sales.
• Assisting with long-term contracts invoicing.
• Client relations.
• Assist Production/Installation/Repairs/Hire departments with purchasing of spares and materials
• Assist with putting through finance deals
• Keeping all janitorial and office supplies topped up
• Ensure that purchasing journal is kept up to date
• Parking fine challenges.
• Insurance claims.
• Logging + following complaints - clients and suppliers.
• Vehicles admin: tax / servicing / insurance etc
• Staff holiday calendar
KEY CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES:
• Excellent presentation and phone manner
• Good general professionalism, including confidentiality and work ethic
• A warm and welcoming manner
• Passion for organization
• Ability to manage workload, prioritise, follow-up and ensure all tasks are performed in a timely manner
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Skills in problem solving, organisation and planning
• IT Literate; proficient with Microsoft office applications proficiency, especially Word & Excel
• Experience working in an office/business environment
• Someone who has a passion or at least an interest in the industry
BENEFITS AND OTHER INFORMATION:
Expenses: Reimbursed at cost for expenses authorised by line manager
Pension: Stakeholder pension available if required
Annual Leave: 20 days plus Bank Holidays
Sign up for job alerts - its free