Apprentice Admin Assistant/ Receptionist
- £170/week + Travel Cost
- Apply by:
- Start date:
- Job type:
The Receptionist is a key role ensuring that the working and client environment is superb and that the office is enjoyable for the teams to work in. This role is for a receptionist to join our operations team to provide support and cover for our front of house administrator.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Answer, screen and transfer inbound telephone calls, take and pass on relevant messages and present an excellent image of the company in doing so.
• Resolve administrative problems and enquiries and give written and oral responses to routine enquiries received from external parties.
• Efficiency is essential; therefore the target is to answer 90% of all calls within 3 rings. Visitors should be offered refreshments as required.
• Understand and learn the telephone system to ensure that any problems are solved and to act as a point of expertise for the teams.
• Ensure the office is tidy and presentable on an ongoing basis, paying particular attention to the reception area, meeting rooms and kitchens.
• Setting up staff meetings and events to include the ordering of catering, when requested, making drinks and ensuring that rooms are presentable and set up correctly.
• Performing functions every morning and evening to ensure that teams can work effectively, including dealing with post and magazines quickly.
• Demonstrate professionalism when working with clients, prospects, vendors and colleagues, whether in the office or off-site.
• Organise travel, accommodation, couriers, taxis' and assist teams with other projects when requested.
• Help to maintain office resources and materials e.g. stationary, consumable goods, etc and keep a record of all transactions.
• Become proficient with office technology and show an interest in using new technology applications as they become available throughout the agency.
• Support the Office Manager with Health and Safety.
KEY CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES:
• Keen and willing to learn
• Team player
• Excellent attention to detail, ability to follow instructions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Skills in problem solving, organisation and planning
• IT Literate; proficient with Microsoft office applications proficiency, especially Word & Excel
• Experience working in an office/business environment
• Someone who has a passion or at least an interest in the industry
BENEFITS AND OTHER INFORMATION:
Expenses: Reimbursed at cost for expenses authorised by line manager
Annual Leave: 20 days plus Bank Holidays
Sign up for job alerts - its free