Administration & Finance Apprentice - Aldgate East
- £170 per week + Travel
- Apply by:
- 31st December 2018
- Job type:
The Finance and Reception Apprentice will be responsible for providing a warm and welcoming greeting to all visitors to the LDN Group's office in Aldgate East. Acting as the first point of contact for all visitors to the office, you will provide a warm and professional greeting, ensuring that all visitors are made comfortable before being introduced to the person they are meeting.
You will also be required to work closely with the CEO and the Financial Controller to transmit financial information to the company's Accounting Firm, KPMG. This will include making regular trips to the company's south London office to collect information, generating sales invoices for customers, using the Receipt Bank system to send purchase invoices to KPMG, accessing company bank accounts to create payment and managing petty cash for the office.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Front of House
• Act as the first point of contact for all visitors to the office, ensuring they receive a warm and professional welcome and that they sign the visitors register.
• Offer visitors refreshments and ensure that they are comfortable whilst waiting for the person they are meeting.
• Ensure that the common parts of the office, including the kitchen, general seating area and waiting area are kept neat and tidy and present a professional and welcoming environment to visitors.
• Manage bookings for meeting rooms and training rooms and act as a central point of contact for enquiries relating to these resources for team members.
• Manage the office petty cash fund, ensuring that receipts are kept for all purchases and that each transaction is properly recorded on the appropriate system.
• Distribute daily post to members of the team, and make daily trips to the post office to send post as required.
• Generally be happy and excited about our beautiful new office, take pride in it and make sure that the office represents our 5 star image!
• Collect purchase invoices from across the group on a daily basis, file, and stamp and code them before passing them to the appropriate budget holder for authorization.
• Send authorized invoices to KPMG using the Receipt Bank system on a daily basis and respond to enquiries on these invoices if they arise.
• Work with Budget holders to create monthly sales invoices, sending the data for these to KPMG as required.
• Work with budget holders to create monthly payroll instruction reports and send these to KPMG as required.
• Create BACS payment runs using the Xero accounting system, upload these to the online banking portal and then seek approval for the payments from budget holders.
• Ensure that petty cash is properly managed and that an accurate and up to date record of all petty cash transactions is maintained.
• Ensure that accurate and up to date contact information is available for all suppliers and customers.
• Chase outstanding payments from customers and report on late payments and overdue accounts on a regular basis.
• Liaise with the CEO and the dedicated KPMG accountant on a regular basis to ensure the speedy resolution of issues.
• Good GCSE grades
• Excellent Communicator in person, on the phone and in writing
• Organised and efficient with the ability to take initiative
• Efficient with excellent attention to detail and an eye and head for numbers
• Willing and able to tackle all tasks with enthusiasm and a can do attitude
• A bubbly and warm personality and a love for meeting new people
• 2-4 A Good A Levels
• Office work experience
• Experience of working in a finance department
£200 per week
37.5 h/week (Mon-Fri, 11:00 to 20:00 with an hour unpaid for lunch)
• In most cases, candidates will be eligible if they:
• Live in London
• Are aged between 16 and 23
Have NOT achieved a qualification at level 4 or higher. Unfortunately, university graduates cannot apply.
Sign up for job alerts - its free