Accounts Assistant Apprentice - South London
- £150/week + travel costs
- London, Nunhead, Peckham
- Apply by:
- Start date:
- Job type:
This role would suit an organised and tenacious individual, with a keen attention to detail. They need to enjoy numbers but not necessarily have worked with them before. Training on the accounting software will be given.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Printing and collating timesheets and purchase invoices, from email attachments.
• Checking that time charged on invoice agrees to time authorised on timesheet.
• Advising Finance Manager of any mismatches and following up if required.
• Inputting authorised time on to Master Contractor sheet.
• Processing purchase invoices on Xero accounting software.
• Processing sales invoices on Xero using authorised timesheets. Ensuring correct purchase order numbers are used and submitting for authorisation by Finance Manager.
• Forwarding sales invoices by post or email to client.
• Filing both purchase and sales invoices and bank statements.
• Other ad hoc accounting duties to assist Finance Manager, may include allocating cash payments and receipts on Xero.
KEY CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES:
• Keen and willing to learn
• Team player
• Excellent attention to detail, ability to follow instructions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Skills in problem solving, organisation and planning
• IT Literate; proficient with Microsoft office applications proficiency, especially Word & Excel
• 5 GCSE's at grade A* to C
• Ability to prioritise
• Experience working in an office/ business environment
• Someone who has a passion or at least an interest in the industry
• A Levels / AS Levels
BENEFITS AND OTHER INFORMATION:
Expenses: Reimbursed expenses, as authorised by line manager
Annual Leave: 20 days plus Bank Holidays
Sign up for job alerts - its free