If you're 16 and just finished your GCSEs a Level 2 Apprenticeship could be for you. Providing you meet the criteria.
You will work towards work-based learning qualifications such as an NVQ Level 2 and BTECs. These provide the skills required for your chosen career and allow you to complete an Advanced Apprenticeship next. It is equivalent to 5 GCSEs graded C or above.
What are the entry requirements for a Level 2 Apprenticeships?
- 5 GCSEs (grade C or above)
- Age 16 at the end of August
- Permanent UK resident (live in the UK)
- Not in full-time education
How long does it take to complete a Level 2 Apprenticeships?
- 12 months
- Maximum 40 hour working week
- 280 hours over 12 months
What can I earn during a Level 2 Apprenticeship?
- £148 per week
- More advice about claiming child benefits can be found here.