Do you already hold the same qualification at this level or above? If yes, please call the office on 0114 2635720 to discuss before continuing with the application.
Are you currently working in the same industry sector/ job role as this apprenticeship? If yes, please call the office on 0114 2635720 to discuss before continuing with the application.
Do you hold a Grade D/Grade 3/ Level 1 or above in in both Maths and English? If no, please call the office on 0114 2635720 to discuss before continuing with the application.
Can you commit to a full-time apprenticeship for the next 12-18 months? If no, please call the office on 0114 2635720 to discuss before continuing with the application.
Company: Woodstock Bower Surgery
Are you looking to start a career in administration? Would you like to work at a busy medical surgery, which provides healthcare to the local community? Are you enthusiastic and have good communication skills?
If you answered yes, apply now!
Duties will include:
- Scanning and coding of hospital documents
- Redacting notes
- Summarising patient notes
- Supporting telephones
- Dealing with patient queries
- Supporting admin team in day to day jobs e.g. photocopying
- Training in reception - welcoming patients, booking appointments, and supporting GP's and clinicians in admin
In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately in the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, Practice staff and other healthcare workers.
They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the Practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the Practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work
- Attend suitable training as and when required
The post-holder should recognize the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
- Communicate effectively with other team members
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers
- Recognise people's needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly
The Source is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Potential for permanent position within the business.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good PC & software skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good interpersonal skills
- Customer service focussed
- Well presented
- Team player
- Willingness to learn new skills
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
The successful candidate will study a Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard. This will be aided by an Assessor who will carry out all assessments as work-based learning, within the workplace.