As an apprentice you will learn all elements of our business from enquiry intake through design, development, test and manufacture. With the end goal being as a qualified and competent setter, technician or engineer.
Widney is fast paced and you will be working for a company where no two days are the same.
Widney design and manufacture products including vehicle windows, sun blinds and telescopic slides, bespoke to customer specification in numerous industrial markets. With in excess of 100 years experience we are the market leader in our industry and supply to over 30 countries worldwide.
Widney has built a strong reputation for design, technical support and engineering expertise.
With a global customer base supplying companies in construction equipment, aerospace, banking systems, commercial vehicles and many other market sectors.
Widney has built a strong reputation for supplying quality products, as such the company is ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 approved and offers both standard and bespoke solutions on a turnkey basis.
As a manufacturing apprentice, you will be trained to undertake a variety of processes including:
- CNC Machining
- Powder Coating
- Assembly Work
- For the right candidate the options are endless with past apprentices moving into production management, design, engineering , purchasing and manufacturing
- Once on site a full in house training package will be provided covering all aspects of the business
- Excellent communicator with self drive
- Must be capable of learning a multitude of skills
- A practical background is a distinct advantage
- Wlling to learn
- Not afraid to ask questions
- 3 GCSES at Grade 4/C, equivalent or above with maths and English essential
Advanced Engineering Technician Standard.
This 4 year programme will include:
- Engineering Basic Skills training
- Off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
- NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
- A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
- In house training in line with your requirements