This position reports directly to the Team Leader Weld. The successful candidate will work alongside existing qualified Welders.
Glazing Vision is a UK sales and manufacturing business specialising in high specification glass rooflights. It’s core client base consists of architectural practices, builders and national contractors. The company has been established for over 25 years and enjoys a multimillion-pound turnover with representation in the UK, across Europe, Australia and the United States.
In addition to the Glazing Vision brand, the company also manages Glazing Vision Europe, rooflights.com, glassskylights.com (US market) and Glazing Renovations based in Mildenhall, Suffolk.
- Produce fabricated frames and flashings to company schedules and drawings, operate machinery and equipment to prepare T and N component parts prior to assembly, maintaining quality while working to company standards and Health and Safety requirements.
- Ability to work on both an individual basis and as part of a team, with an interest in providing alternative ideas, solutions in improving product build.
- Ability to finish welded assembly or individual piece parts by fettling process, a formal training certificate is desirable.
- Ability to use company manufacturing tools and equipment. E.g., Welding equipment/grinders/drills.
- Meet the weekly targets set for the assembly of units as specified in workload documentation.
- Identify and expedite any missing components ensuring their availability to meet the build schedule completion / delivery date or provide feedback where the date cannot be achieved, rescheduling the unit assembly to meet any late deliveries as per Team Leader Weld/Factory Manager’s instruction.
- Liaise with Design Engineer(s) and Factory Manager to ensure that modifications or amendments are completed.
- Competent to carry out and control final QC of unit build ready for hand over to assembly teams.
- Ensure that the department maintains a high level of quality while working to company standards and Health and Safety requirements.
On completion of the Full General Welder Level 2 Standard - the successful completion of the apprenticeship scheme – there is the opportunity to obtain a full-time permanent job role within the Welding department. And for the future: While significant numbers of apprentices will seek internal progression to team leader or supervisory roles within their companies, some will want to progress to an Apprenticeship in Welding at Level 3. More generally, most ex-apprentices aspire to a combination of internal promotion while at the same time undertaking on site/ or 'day release' qualifications at Level 3.
Working in a welding /fabrication environment. Working in a Production environment indoors. Manual Handling are tasks required. Processes exist to make sure that applicants with prior knowledge, qualifications and experiences are not disadvantaged by having to repeat learning. The candidate will require a full UK Driving Licence and their own vehicle to get to and from work or be able to make other alternative travel arrangements to get to and from work.
- Good English written and English verbal communication. (essential)
- Good listening skills.
- Hold a strong attention to detail. (essential)
- Ability to “think outside the box”.
- A full UK driver’s licence is desirable but not essential.
- Keen and motivated to work in a manufacturing environment.
- Have a willingness to LEARN.
- An aspiration to produce HIGH quality weld products. (essential)
- A clear interest in a career in manufacturing.
A minimum of five GCSEs at grade A* to C (9-4) to include English and Mathematics, or equivalent.
Level 2 General Welder Apprenticeship.