Charles Thompson Ltd
THE UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD
GTAW Welder Apprentice
The aim would be to achieve fully competent / qualified Manual GTAW Welder status within 3 years in a wide range of materials.
Exposure to the wide range of materials and also welding processes is available, including MMA, GTAW, Hot wire GTAW, Sub Arc, MIG, GTAW cladding, ESW cladding,
Prior GTAW welding experience would be preferred but is not essential.
- Extended Diploma Level 3 in Fabrication and Welding
- Manual Dexterity
- Good attention to detail
- Demonstrate good team working abilities
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Be a highly motivated individual
- Have good organisation and time keeping skills
- An effective team worker
- Able to work on own initiative
- Logical thinker
- Adapts positively to change and willing to take on new challenges
- The chosen candidate must have 5 GCSE's or equivalent at Grade C or grade 4-9 under the new education grade system effective from 2016/2017 above, Must include maths and English
The Year one Fabrication and Welding programme delivered at the AMRC Training Centre over a 16 week full time block programme will include the following compulsory units:
- Producing plate-work, components and assemblies
- Preparing and using TIG or Plasma Arc equipment
- Preparing and using semi - automatic MIG, MAG and flux-cored welding equipment.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.