Working as part of the Production Team the successful applicant would provide a professional and efficient welding service to ensure the company’s quality standards are maintained at all times.
- Receive work orders from the Weld/Paint Team Leader and complete each order in a timely manner.
- Jig and weld the components into weld assemblies to a high standard ie. burr free, neat welding with good penetration, in line with the engineering drawings.
- Safely operate workshop equipment ie. band saws, mills, lathes, drills, break presses, punching machines, welders, plasma cutters, guillotines etc. to make the required components.
- Blow out welders each month.
- Ensure workshop equipment is well maintained.
- Clean down workshop equipment after use ie. brush out swarf from mills, lathes and drills.
- Carry out repairs/maintenance on machinery off site, as and when required.
Health & Safety:
- Maintain the workshop in a clean and tidy condition to ensure a safe and secure working environment.
- Strict adherence to the company’s health and safety policies and procedures at all times including compulsory usage of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report any incidents, including near misses, to the Production Manager and complete relevant supporting forms.
- Utilise training, skills and knowledge to recognise and assess potential risks throughout each day.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty or task within your capability which the Company deems appropriate and suitable.
- Ensure workshop consumables stocks are maintained at the appropriate levels.
- Liaise with work colleagues, as required.
- Participate in internal/external meetings, as and when requested.
- Identify and meet personal job-related training and development as required.
- Hours in excess of those contracted may be required from time to time to meet production targets.
For the right person we may be able to offer a permanent position at the end of the Apprenticeship.
The role is based on the shop floor and it can be cold.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, welding, or Fabrication
- A high level of accuracy
- Following procedures
- Knowledge in reading technical drawings
- Experience in Manufacturing, welding or fabrication
- Common Sense
- Ability to Challenge
- Use own initiative and work as part of a team
- Sense of humour
- Good work ethic
- Good attendance levels
- GCSE Maths & English, Grade C/4 or Equivalent
- General Welder Level 2
- Functional skills if needed