What will the apprentice be doing?
As an engineering welding apprentice, this programme will form part of our succession planning for the future.
- You will be planning and preparing to weld materials specifications & drawings
- You will be checking that materials conform to the specifications
- As a welding apprentice you will be preparing / fabricating materials ready for welding
- You will be setting the welding equipment making adjustments as required
- As a welding apprentice you will be making joints to the specifications
- You will monitor the parameters throughout, once complete you will visually inspect the welds
- As a welding apprentice you will learn how to take precautions to control distortion
- As a welding apprentice you will be interpreting technical specifications to control distortion
- Once finished you will complete documentation related to the production process
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be trained, supported and monitored throughout the process.
When your formal engineering welding apprenticeship starts you will be paid and day-released to PETA in Havant for the duration of your programme.
This is a level 2 intermediate apprenticeship - General Welder (Arc Processes) Standard
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Apprentices form part of our succession planning. On completion of the apprenticeship there may be an opportunity to progress onto a level 3 programme.
Reality CheckBenefits: Auto-enrolled into the company pension scheme after qualification period. 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (3 days to be taken at Christmas). Free parking on site. Onsite restroom with kitchen facilities. Perk Box employee benefits - Free treat each week, discounts and online wellbeing sessions. We would encourage early submissions of applications, as these will be considered on receipt and suitable candidates invited for interview. We reserve the right to withdraw the advertisement early if the vacancy is filled before the closing date.
Skills RequiredAttention to detail, Motivation and drive, Open minded, Thirst for knowledge, Good hand to eye co-ordination
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential