Main responsibilities include:
- Machining on mill and lathe
- Cutting and bending tube
- Assembly of steel tube and plate to motor vehicles
- Tidying and cleaning parts of the workshop and outside areas
This is a key position in a new and expanding workshop, this will be a full-time long-term position. When fully trained, they will be working as part of the development team alongside our CAD department. Most members of our team have been with us for many years.
This is a practical job that will require lifting, climbing in, out and under vehicles. A high level of care for valuable assets. Some of the equipment to be used can be potentially hazardous so special care will be required. £4.50 per hour as a minimum starting rate, although negotiable upon experience. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- A practical approach to problem solving
- This will be a practical job where some experience with power tools is an advantage
- Attention to detail
- Driver’s license an advantage, but not essential
- Team player
- Able to follow instructions
- Wiling to learn
- Good timekeeper
- Preferably GCSE A* - C (9-4) grade in maths and English, including Technology or equivalents.
- General Welder Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Functional skills if needed