What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assisting web designers and clients
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of websites
- Complete assigned tasks on time and record work
- Contributing to project planning
- Participating in weekly planning meetings
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Why choose our Software Development Technician Level 3 apprenticeship?
QA’s Software Development Technician Level 3 apprenticeship develops digital skills and provide the technical grounding needed to become a well-rounded, entry-level programmer.
Junior Developers work as part of a software development team to build simple software components on web, mobile or desktop apps to be used by other members of the team as part of larger software development projects.
QA’s Junior Developer Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Interpret simple design requirements for discrete components of a project under supervision
- Implement code which other team members have developed to produce required components
Gain the following qualifications upon successful completion of the Junior Developer Level 3 programme:
- Software Development Technician Level 3
- BCS Certificate in Systems Development Context and Methodologies
- BCS Certificate in Programming
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
- The personal development plan
- Pension contribution
- Workplace insurance
- Performance-related bonus
- Spacious, air-conditioned office
- A desk with a waterfront view
- MacBook Air
- Complimentary snacks and drinks
- Cycle to work scheme
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent any subject -- x3 (Grade 4+ (A-C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential