Duties will include:
- Taking deliveries
- Checking for damaged/missing items
- Storing good
- Moving stock by various methods
- Picking/packing orders
- Loading goods for dispatch
- Maintaining stock records and documentation
You may also be required to use a range of equipment and machinery including mechanical racking systems, materials handling equipment (MHE) or fork lift trucks.
- These are permanent roles and offer an immediate start
- A team player - but can work alone if needed?
- Hardworking and loyal?
- Able to work at speed? It’s all about hitting those targets!
- Health & safety-conscious?
- Able to lift heavy? Within reason, we don't expect you to be Mr/Mrs Muscle
- Aged 18+? You will be required to use machinery
- Able to work in the UK?
Don’t worry if you have never worked as a warehouse operative, or even if you have never stepped foot inside a Warehouse. In this role, you will learn on the job and gain a Level 2 apprenticeship in Warehousing!
Apprentices must show commitment to the following:
- Achieving the apprenticeship Standard within the specified time frame
- Attending the apprenticeship induction programme
- Attending all of the training sessions for the programme whenever necessary, and undertaking any other required development work as part of the apprenticeship programme as requested
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate
We also offer a great package of benefits including discount in all our stores & a colleague portal with access to a range of offers, from your weekly household shopping to your next holiday.
B&M Retail are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment for all colleagues.
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Team work
- None required
- Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard