What will the apprentice be doing?
- Accept deliveries from suppliers, ensuring goods are stored in the appropriate location.
- Pick, load and despatch goods to the customer base in a timely manner
- Receive and process customer or supplier returns
- Participate in stock counts, when necessary.
- Maintain high standards of customer service at all times to suppliers and customers.
- Work in partnership with the Sales office to ensure customer delivery dates/times are achieved.
- Comply with regulatory requirements & ISO Policies
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Lots of on the job training (warehouse based, learning our systems/processes, shadowing others within the local logistics team etc. We are underpinning this opportunity with a 'Supply Chain Warehouse Operative' level 2 apprenticeship which shall be delivered via blended learning approach (no day release or college attendance) but via a combination of e-learning, online evidence portfolio, pallet-truck training, and first aid awareness course. There will also be monthly reviewer/coaching sessions.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As a larger business, we can offer a variety of career paths depending on the individual's desire to progress or try new things. Within logistics, we have levels of role up to Logistics Manager and supervisors/team leaders in between. We also encourage training of logistics staff to obtain their LGV licence if they wish to go out on the road making deliveries. Beyond this, we can offer progression into sales, procurement or manufacturing.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Team working, Initiative, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 4) Desired