This role is to support all operational functions of the Business.
Day to day duties include:
- Process Goods In and Out using ERP system (full training given)
- Maintaining and electronically recording Stock Control within the Warehouse (paper back-up)
- Accurate and timely picking of components for Production, Engineering or other departments as required
- Accurate and timely picking & packing of components to be dispatched to customers
- Facilitate movement and storage of stocks including completed machines and sub-assemblies
- Entering orders onto our computer system
- Perform Inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits
- Keeping a clean safe clean working environment and optimize space utilisation
- Communicate and cooperate with fellow workers and Supervisors
The day to day contact will be a Senior/experienced Warehouseperson.
Future ProspectsOn successful completion of the apprenticeship, it will lead to an opportunity for a full-time role within the Organisation. By working hard, showing determination to succeed along with meeting objectives, will undoubtedly support a progression within the Business.
Reality Check• Movement of vehicles (forklifts, lorry’s, vans etc.) • The role will be subject to working outside occasionally in all weathers. • There is no temperature control climate in this role.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills when dealing with Goods In/Out procedures. Essential
- Reasonable IT skills (use of tablets/smart phones/computers) but training will be given. Essential
- Good organisational skills. Desirable
- Understanding of Warehousing/ Manufacturing. Desirable
- Good communication abilities. Essential
- Good Time Keeping and reliable. Essential
- Have a can-do attitude. Essential
- Confidence in one’s own ability. Desirable
- Good relationships with fellow peers. Essential
- Enthusiastic. Essential
- Desirable: Minimum of Grade 4 in English at GCSE or equivalent.
- Essential: Numerate and IT literate
Full Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Apprenticeship