This role is to support all operational functions of the Business.
Day to day duties include:
- Process Goods In and Out using ERP system (full training given)
- Maintaining and electronically recording Stock Control within the Warehouse (paper back-up)
- Accurate and timely picking of components for Production, Engineering or other departments as required
- Accurate and timely picking and packing of components to be dispatched to customers
- Facilitate movement and storage of stocks including completed machines and sub-assemblies
- Entering orders onto our computer system
- Perform Inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits
- Keeping a clean, safe working environment and optimise space utilisation
- Communicate and cooperate with fellow workers and Supervisors
The day to day contact will be a Senior/experienced Warehouseperson.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, it will lead to an opportunity for a full-time role within the organisation. By working hard, showing determination to succeed along with meeting objectives will undoubtedly support a progression within the Business.
Movement of vehicles (forklifts, lorry’s, vans etc.)
The role will be subject to working outside occasionally in all weathers.
There is no temperature control climate in this role.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills when dealing with Goods In/Out procedures. Essential
- Reasonable IT skills (use of tablets/smart phones/computers) but training will be given. Essential
- Good organisational skills. Desirable
- Understanding of Warehousing/ Manufacturing. Desirable
- Good communication abilities. Essential
- Good time keeping and reliable. Essential
- Have a can-do attitude. Essential
- Confidence in one’s own ability. Desirable
- Good relationships with fellow peers. Essential
- Enthusiastic. Essential
- Desirable: Minimum of Grade 4 in English at GCSE or equivalent.
- Essential: Numerate and IT literate
Full Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Apprenticeship