What will the apprentice be doing?
the learner will be required to carry out general warehouse duties as directed:
- To be aware of, and follow, warehouse safety procedures
- Prepare customer orders which includes picking of stock
- Pack orders suitable for the delivery method
- Load and unload lorries
- Count and record stock figures
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, managers and other staff and customers
- Be aware of and follow all safety guidelines
- Keep the warehouse tidy and ensure bins are emptied on a timely basis
- Sort courier runs on a daily basis
- Assist in other duties as reasonably requested by the COO
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The learner will be studying the Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Day release to West Suffolk College
- Functional Skills will be studied if equivalent qualifications are not held
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The opportunity to obtain a permanent role as Warehouse Supervisor.
Reality CheckWorking in a warehouse environment which can be dusty. Regular lifting of products 9kg in weight but no more than 21kg will be required.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 4-9) Essential