What will the apprentice be doing?
Are you looking to start an apprenticeship? Interested in a career in warehousing and logistics? If so, read on... As an Apprentice Warehouse assistant you will work as a member of the team learning about every aspect of the smooth running of our busy warehouses, from producing an order pick list to the final dispatch of goods, as well as supporting and assisting with stock control.
Your assessor will visit you regularly in the workplace to assess the competency and knowledge based elements of the apprenticeship. Please be aware details will be shared with our apprenticeship provider.
A salary of £17,398 per annum is offered with salary increase to £18,408 following completion of the apprenticeship. In addition, following probation, you will be eligible for the ILG bonus scheme and ILG benefits scheme. Our apprentices progress to a variety of roles across the business.
- Responsible for the pick, pack and shipping a range of products to our clients on a daily basis
- Quality checking goods, gift wrapping and packaging to the clients required standards
- Accurate use of the order management system and accurate picking of order items
- Ensure correct shipping information is processed and displayed ready for courier collection
- General maintenance responsibilities of your area in line with health and safety policies
- As part of the apprenticeship you will also be required to complete the competence based Level 2 Certificate in
- Warehousing and Storage (QCF), the knowledge based Level 2
- Certificate in Warehousing and Storage Principles (QCF) as well as Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT Level 1. In order to do that you will be allocated your own Assessor from our training provider Seetec Outsourcing.
- To apply for the ILG warehousing apprenticeship programme you do not need to have previous work experience just a desire to learn and progress.
To be considered for an apprenticeship, you will need:
- Minimum of GCSE Maths & English A*-C/9-4 grades, or equivalent.
- Enjoy working as part of a target driven ambitious team
- Strong attention to detail
- Hard working and enjoy seeing job through to completion
- IT literate and confident to use IT systems
- Retail / Order fulfilment experience desirable but not essential
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will gain a Supply chain warehouse operative level 2 apprenticeship standard.
The apprenticeship programme design will be built around the standard and individual apprentice and employer needs.
This will consist of:
- A fully embedded induction programme delivered by the employer and Seetec Outsource Training and Skills.
- An initial assessment of your skills, knowledge and behaviours in order to develop and enhance your career and personal progression.
- In line with the with functional skills requirements set by the standard, (where applicable), we will analyse and continuously develop English and Mathematics.
- On the job training delivered by the employer.
Allocation of an apprenticeship delivery coach who will carry out:
- Regular training
- Assessment and support visits to ensure you acquire new learning, knowledge skills and behaviours in order to progress and develop
- Identify, track and support 20% off the job training activities
- Quarterly formal progress review meetings; identifying learning achievements and next steps
- Individual learning plan - this will be used as part of a professional discussion during your reflective progress review meeting and track the 20% off the job training progress.
- A journey of learning activities over the length of the apprenticeship programme.
Access to on-line learning and an e-portfolio where you will be able to gather evidence to demonstrate your performance ensuring your apprenticeship – this evidence can be used to towards your end point assessment.
End point assessment – this takes place at the end of the apprenticeship to ensure you have developed the skills, knowledge and behaviours needed for the job role. This may consist of at least 3-4 of the below activities:
- Professional discussion
- Portfolio of evidence, apprentice showcase
- Research project
- Multi-choice knowledge test
- Work based project
- Competency based interview
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A large majority of our apprentices move onto becoming permanent Warehouse Assistants, there will also be prospects to move into Team Leader and Supervisory roles in the future.
Skills RequiredIT skills, Team player, Hard working, Eager to learn
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade Grade A*-C/ 4-9) Desired