What will the apprentice be doing?
You will need to be over 18 to apply for this role due to health and safety restrictions.
Your duties will include:
• Enforce and follow all health and safety regulations, including AMDS Health & Safety policies and procedures
• Wear correct PPE at all times
• Report any safety issues or breaches of rules
• Safe use of all production equipment/pre-use check sheets and LOTO
• Ensure all orders are produced, prepared and delivered suitable for customers’ requirements
• To ensure best production and quality awareness - identifying abnormalities and small defects, analyse and understand their root causes, suggest and implement counter measures and recording quality checks
• To suggest improvement ideas for the standardising working procedures to contribute to their application
• Ensure the operational equipment within your control is run to optimum efficiency, ensuring any issues are reported to the Shift Supervisor
• To improve and maintain the organisation and cleanliness of the workplace
• Playing a full role within the team to facilitate optimal performance
• Any other duties as required by the business. Salary - NMW
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As part of the apprentice role, you will be carrying out tasks such as picking and packing, moving stock around, maintaining stock records, receiving deliveries and cleaning. You will be checking stock for damages and will be loading goods ready for delivery. You will learn how to safely use a variety of machinery, equipment and potentially vehicles that are common to a warehouse environment. You will learn the essential health and safety policies and procedures involved in the warehouse industry and will also develop key interpersonal skills as you will be required to communicate with a wide variety of people, both internally and externally. As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Warehouse Supply Chain Operative at Level 2
• Functional Skills in English & Maths at Level 1 (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression on to a Team Leader Level 3 qualification on completion with career opportunities up to Production Supervisor in the long term Pay: Year 1 – NMW, Year 2 – NMW plus 15%
Reality CheckCan you be available for a 7am start? Have you considered the transport / commute time and costs for this role? Are you willing to commit to the length of the apprenticeship (13 months)?
Skills RequiredAdministrative skills, Attention to detail
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade A*-C 4-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C 4-9) Essential