What will the apprentice be doing?
Your duties will include:
- Enforce & follow all health and safety regulations, including AMDS Health & Safety policies and procedures, including wearing correct PPE at all times.
- Report any safety issues or breaches of rules.
- Safe use of all production equipment/pre-use check sheets.
- Ensure all orders are produced, prepared and delivered suitable for customers’ requirements.
- To ensure best production & quality awareness - identifying abnormalities and small defects, analyse & understand their root causes, suggest & implement counter measures & recording quality checks.
- To suggest improvement ideas for the standardising working procedures to contribute to their application.
- Ensure the operational equipment within your control is run to optimum efficiency, ensuring any issues are reported to the Shift Supervisor
- To improve and maintain the organisation and cleanliness of the workplace.
- Playing a full role within the team to facilitate optimal performance.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As part of the apprentice role, you will be carrying out tasks such as picking and packing, moving stock around, maintaining stock records, receiving deliveries and cleaning. You will be checking stock for damages and will be loading goods ready for delivery. You will learn how to safely use a variety of machinery, equipment and potentially vehicles that are common to a warehouse environment. You will learn the essential health and safety policies and procedures involved in the warehouse industry and will also develop key interpersonal skills as you will be required to communicate with a wide variety of people, both internally and externally.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Warehouse Supply Chain Practitioner Level 3
• Functional Skills in English & Maths at Level 2 (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
ArcelorMittal provide great opportunities for progression on completion of the apprenticeship with the opportunity to complete a Team Leader Level 3 apprenticeship and long term progression to Production Supervisor.
Reality CheckDo you meet the educational requirements? Are you over 18? Are you willing to commit to the length of the apprenticeship (13 months)
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Enthusiasm to learn, Problem solving skills, Punctual, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade A*-C 4-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C 4-9) Essential