What will the apprentice be doing?
As Volvo Truck & Bus' training provider, Remit are recruiting for a Parts Advisor apprentice for their North Hyde Gardens, Hayes depot.
Are you friendly and approachable?
Can you provide great customer service?
Are you looking for fantastic career progression?
If so, this apprenticeship might be just for you!
The apprenticeship is an entry level position within Volvo's Parts Department.
The advantage of this apprenticeship is the progression opportunities once you have achieved your qualification. You'll not only be trained in how to excel within the Parts Advisor job role, but also learn about the whole supply chain, from sourcing materials to manufacturing, through to the final product and aftersales services.
You'll gain an understanding of the financial, operational and logistical side of the business.
What does the role of Parts Advisor involve?
Being the first point of contact both face to face and over the telephone and delivering excellent customer service.
- Checking incoming stock against delivery notes and store stock in the correct locations
- Handling, storing and receiving stock, payments, procedures, identifying, sourcing and ordering parts
- Support customers and workshop staff with parts identification and process
- Process cash and card payments for customer parts
- Ensure quality is maintained throughout all stages to exceed customers’ expectations
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to build positive relationships with the customer and to interpret customer needs
We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and who want to deliver great customer service. If this is you, why not apply?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Supply Chain is at the heart of every business, especially a vehicle parts department. The apprenticeship is delivered over 24 months and apprentices will be expected to complete self-study tasks during the programme. Development Coaches will deliver 1-2-1 and group sessions with ongoing guided support from the employer throughout the programme.
As a result of your training, you will achieve:
- Supply Chain Practioner Level 3
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English & Maths (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As an apprentice, you will be a full-time employee from the very beginning and while training you’ll be earning your place as an integral part of the Volvo team. Once you have achieved your qualification, you will have further opportunities to progress to positions such as Supervisor or Manager.
Skills RequiredAttention to detail, Enthusiasm to learn
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 3/D) Essential