Volvo Customer Service Representative (Parts Advisor) Apprenticeship
Volvo Truck & Bus (East Anglia)
As a parts advisor/customer service representative you will provide first line customer service support and provide value added services to users. You will develop relationships with customers, manage and resolve customer queries within agreed timescales and proactively ensure all customer information is maintained. This two-year programme has a large emphasis on all aspects of stock management, product and motor vehicle knowledge, effective customer service techniques and having the ability to ensure the customers’ needs are identified and expectations are exceeded.
Residential training is completed at Stephenson College. Training is completed in one-week blocks approximately once every two months. All training costs are covered by Volvo (travel, accommodation and food). Stephenson College has many years’ experience offering a wide and varied range of Apprenticeships. They are one of the largest providers of Apprenticeship programmes in the Midlands. The facilities are state-of-the-art and the workshops world class; they are a Centre of Vocational Excellence for both construction and motor vehicle training and have excellent links with employers both locally and nationally. The college has knowledgeable and friendly staffs that are there to support you and has excellent success rates.
What are the benefits of the programme?
- Full time employment at an authorised dealer
- Residential training
- Internationally recognised accreditation
- All qualification fees and residential accommodation paid
Areas of responsibility include:
- Ensure customer demands are met and you use your skills to ensure the correct solution is supplied
- Ensure that procedures are correctly carried out for the ordering of goods and their receipt following the official Volvo process
- Maintain an efficient stock control system
- Ensure that the whole parts operations housekeeping is in good order including suggesting ideas of how to improve housekeeping within the parts department
- Attend any training or development activity that is made available to enable you to develop in your job
- Ensure the Dealer point works to the criteria laid down in the Company Health and Safety policy
- Ensure the company’s time recording procedures are complied with
- Work with all areas of the Dealer point to ensure best practice is maintained and a good working relationship is present
- Work with the team to ensure a strong, top team ethos (including being mentored by a fully competent individual)
- Support the development of character, skills, attitude and superior individual and team performance
- Ensure that you conduct yourself in a business-like and professional manner
- Assist with ensuring the parts department is run as efficiently as possible
- To be pro-active in a selling role
- Ensuring that all goods received are checked and stored accurately
Progression to higher qualifications and possible full-time position.
- To be able to effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally
- To be able to develop or work in developing new or enhancing existing processes
- To be able to adapt and take on new skills and approaches
- To be, at all times, a team player
- To have a flexible approach to work commitments
- To be, at all times, open and honest
- To be, at all times, supportive of colleagues both within the company and Distributor Organisations
GCSE A*-C/9-4 or equivalent is required for this position.
- L2 Customer Service Practitioner qualification
- Technical Certificate
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.