The Service department is vital to the success of our business. From right first time fixes, to delivering excellent customer service, our Service Technicians play a pivotal role in delighting our customers and encouraging their continued loyalty.
Every day is different within the Service department. As a Service Technician Apprentice, some of your duties will include:
- Use of diagnostic equipment to identify vehicle faults
- Testing of parts and systems to ensure correct working
- Following checklists to ensure all critical parts of vehicles are examined
- Carrying out bumper to bumper overview, service and inspection
- Maintenance of electronic systems including on- board entertainment systems
- Undertaking repair and maintenance of vehicle parts including clutches, gearboxes, tyres, brakes and suspension
- Completion of legible and accurate paperwork for the customers and centres records
- Maintenance of a clean and tidy work environment
You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of products including traditional, hybrid and electronic engines. From heritage vehicles to leading edge modern technology, our range will provide you with a varied technical training experience to build your skills as a Service Technician.
Volkswagen Group (VWG) is one of the UK’s largest car retailers encompassing premium brands such as Audi, Bentley, SEAT, ŠKODA, Volkswagen, TPS, Volkswagen Paint and Body and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles. This network of retailers spans the UK, providing a wide range of career opportunities.
Once your apprenticeship is complete, you will continue your learning journey and you will have the opportunity drive your career forward. Some of our apprentices have gone on to become team leaders and managers within the retail network or even joined our team at Head Office in Milton Keynes.
The latest information on the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices can be found at https://www.gov.uk/become-apprentice/pay-and-conditions
Please do not contact the retailer. Babcock Training are the main point of contact for this opportunity and carry out the full recruitment service for this employer. Approaching the retailer directly will not always help your application.
- Strong communication skills
- Customer service skills
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate skills in logic and problem solving.
You should be someone who pays attention to detail and is committed to completing this three year training programme. We are looking for people who are passionate about our industry and our brand. Some of the personal skills that you should think about showing us in your application are:
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Interest in vehicle engineering
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in English, maths, and a science.
'Equivalent' grades include:
- BTEC first diplomas and certificates
- OCR Nationals
- Key Skills Level 2
- Essential Skills (Wales)
- Functional Skills Level 2
- Core Skills (Scotland)
Training will be delivered using a combination of virtual classroom remote learning and face-to-face block release weeks at our state-of-the-art training centres.
Our expert trainers will guide you through the training programme using a combination of e-learning, classroom learning and practical application.
In the workplace, your personal, dedicated mentor will support your continued learning as you apply the skills and knowledge you have gained through the remote sessions and at the Learning Centre.
This is a fully rounded training experience where you will build life skills that last and gain both Apprenticeship qualifications and brand certifications.
On successful completion of the three year programme you will receive the following:
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle)
- Certificate in Automotive Refrigerant Handling
- Brand specific certifications