What will the apprentice be doing?
Join the UK’s largest repair group in this fantastic opportunity as a Panel Technician at our busy workshop. As a Panel Technician, we know there’s no better feeling than seeing a customer's vehicle at the front of the workshop, waiting for them to collect it – it is what our business is built on.
- Assessing a vehicle to establish the extent of damage
- Based on the initial assessment, deciding whether to repair or replace bodywork
- Removing and refitting damaged panels
- Repairing damaged bodywork using traditional dolly and hammer or more modern techniques
- Repairing small dents, holes, or corroded areas using a compound filler
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
- Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
- Liaising with the customer or insurance company
- Providing quotations and estimations
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This is a Vehicle Damage Panel Apprenticeship programme, delivered by Remit Group. Awarding Body: Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI).
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Automotive Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 12 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme, which equals 4 weeks per year. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks either in the workplace or remotely via Microsoft Teams, giving 1-2-1 advice and guidance to help you achieve the following IMI qualifications:
- Level 3 Vehicle Damage Panel Technician standard
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English & maths (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
At Redde Northgate they invest considerably in staff development and training, and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression.
We offer a superb range of exclusive, employee-only benefits and discounts:
- Fantastic monthly bonus schemes
- Free life assurance
- Well-being services (including Health Cash Plan, Dental Plan & Travel Insurance)
- Discounted, flexible Gym memberships
- Exclusive employee vehicle-leasing schemes
- Pension & save-as-you-earn share scheme
- Our Benefits App offering unlimited access to a huge range of retailer discounts and cashback deals (including Tesco, Asda, Currys, B&Q & Wickes to name just a few)
Reality CheckClosing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications
Skills RequiredAttention to detail, Enthusiasm to learn
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Desired