What will the apprentice be doing?
Join Frasers Accident Repairs in this fantastic opportunity as a Panel Technician at their busy workshop.
- As Panel Technician, we know there’s no better feeling than seeing a customer's vehicle at the front of the workshop, waiting for them to collect it – it is what our business is built on
- Assessing a vehicle to establish the extent of damage
- Based on the initial assessment, deciding whether to repair or replace bodywork
- Removing and refitting damaged panels
- Repairing damaged bodywork using traditional dolly and hammer or more modern techniques
- Repairing small dents, holes, or corroded areas using a compound filler
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
- Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
- Liaising with the customer or insurance company
- Providing quotations and estimations
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This is a Vehicle Damage Panel Apprenticeship programme, delivered by Remit Group. Awarding Body: Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Automotive Academy in Derby.
This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 12 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme, which equals 4 weeks per year. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks either in the workplace or remotely via Microsoft Teams, giving 1-2-1 advice and guidance to help you achieve the following IMI qualifications:
- Vehicle Damage Panel Technician Level 3
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English & maths (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Personal development opportunities with a great company
Reality CheckClosing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications
Skills RequiredEnthusiasm to learn, Mechanically minded
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 3/D) Essential