BCA Marketplace Ltd forms part of largest automotive group, Constellation Automotive Group which also includes industry leaders such as ‘We Buy Any Car’ and ‘Cinch’.
Operating across over 50 employment locations across the UK, BCA also comprises the largest finished vehicle logistics operation of its type, including vehicle storage, preparation and refurbishment as well as the UK’s biggest vehicle transporter fleet.
As an Apprentice in BCA, you will receive training and support throughout your qualification and will learn how to repair, and sometimes replace, damaged bodywork using specialist techniques with traditional tools and the latest equipment.
- Assessing a vehicle to establish the extent of damage
- Based on the initial assessment, deciding whether to repair or replace bodywork
- Removing damaged panels
- Refitting new/repaired panels
- Repairing damaged bodywork using traditional dolly and hammer or more modern techniques
- Repairing small dents, holes or corroded areas using a compound filler
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
- Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
- Liaising with the customer or insurance company
- Providing quotations and estimations
As part of the service a bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new.
- Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
- Polish the windows, wheels, door handles and mirrors
At BCA they invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression.
Apprentice loyalty bonus of up to £10,000 T’s & C’s apply.
The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications.
Please check you are able to travel to the BCA branch easily each day.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
As a technician, you will often be working as part of a team, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have.
Attained or working towards – Full UK driving licence at the permissible age.
The job involves numerous activities and technicians will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles.
- No previous automotive qualifications are required
- Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) grades of 9* - 4 or A* - C in English and Maths
This is a Body Repair Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 12 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme, which equals 4 weeks per year. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Vehicle Damage Panel Technician Level 3
- Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)