What will the apprentice be doing?
Once the body repair technicians have worked their magic repairing the vehicle, it will then be your job to restore the vehicle's paint work back to its glory:
- Preparation – stripping, sanding and masking
- Etching and priming areas to be treated
- Colour matching and mixing
- Paint application techniques including spray booth technology
- Buffing and polishing methods
- Paint defect corrections
- Storing paints in the correct conditions
You may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new:
- Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
- Polish the windows, wheels, door handles and mirrors
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This is a Vehicle Damage Paint Apprenticeship programme, delivered by Remit Group. Awarding Body: Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Automotive Academy in Derby.
This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 12 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme, which equals 4 weeks per year. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks either in the workplace or remotely via Microsoft Teams, giving 1-2-1 advice and guidance to help you achieve the following IMI qualifications:
- Level 3 Vehicle Damage Paint Technician standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English & maths (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
If you’re looking for a motor industry apprenticeship that could lead not just to a job but a long-term career with opportunities for promotion and progression, then this could be for you!
Reality CheckClosing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Skills RequiredAttention to detail, Enthusiasm to learn
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Desired