BCA Marketplace Ltd forms part of largest automotive group, Constellation Automotive Group which also includes industry leaders such as ‘We Buy Any Car’ and ‘Cinch’.
Operating across over 50 employment locations across the UK, BCA also comprises the largest finished vehicle logistics operation of its type, including vehicle storage, preparation and refurbishment as well as the UK’s biggest vehicle transporter fleet.
To work under supervision on all aspect of paint preparation, application and final rectification on vehicle for retail and trade customers. You will work alongside a skilled mentor to develop your skills. Your main duties will include but are limited to:
- Preparation of vehicle panels for painting
- Masking vehicles ready for application of paint
- Mixing primers and topcoats as per manufacturers specifications
- Cleaning and maintaining paint application equipment
- Rectification of minor paint faults using polishing techniques
- Maintaining the working environment in line with Health and Safety legislation
During your time in the role you will receive training onsite and with an external partner to enable you to:
- Apply primers to repaired panels and prepare them for paint
- Apply topcoats of all types to prepared panels to industry standards
As part of the service a bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new.
- Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
- Polish the windows, wheels, door handles and mirrors
BCA are looking to recruit 10 Paint Technician apprentices for immediate starts.
Please still apply if you are a 2022 school leaver as BCA are keen to take on young people wanting to start their careers.
Wages: £6.50 per hour for the first year, increases each year of the apprenticeship.
Hours: 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday for the first year, then on to the 4 on 4 off shift pattern.
At BCA they invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression. Apprentice loyalty bonus of up to £10,000 T’s & C’s apply.
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications Travel: Limited public transport links, so please check you are able to travel to the BCA branch easily each day.
The job involves numerous activities and technicians will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles. As a technician, you will often be working as part of a team, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have.
Applicants for this position must have a keen interest in the motor industry and good attention to detail.
- No previous automotive qualifications are required
- Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) grades of 9-4/A*-C in English and maths
This is a Vehicle Damage Paint Apprenticeship programme, delivered by Remit Group.
Awarding Body: Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI).
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Automotive Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 12 separate weeks (Monday - Friday) over the duration of the programme, which equals 4 weeks per year. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks either in the workplace or remotely via Microsoft Teams, giving 1-2-1 advice and guidance to help you achieve the following IMI qualifications:
- Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Level 3
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English & maths (if required)