What will the apprentice be doing?
Join Frasers Accident Repairs in this fantastic opportunity as a paint technician at our busy workshop. As a paint technician, we know there’s no better feeling than seeing a customer's vehicle at the front of the workshop, waiting for them to collect it – it is what our business is built on.
- Preparing paint spraying equipment
- Preparing the bodywork of the vehicle
- Mix paint by eye or using computer technology to ensure the best color match
- Applying several coats to the car, including primers, colors, and protective finishes
- Solving paint application problems; defects, causes,s and cures
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment
- Storing paints in the correct conditions
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
- Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
- Liaising with the customer or insurance company
- Providing quotations and estimations As part of the service a Bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new
- Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
- Polish the windows, wheels, door handles, and mirrors
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This is a Vehicle Damage Paint Apprenticeship programme, delivered by Remit Group. Awarding Body: Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Automotive Academy in Derby.
This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 12 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme, which equals 4 weeks per year. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks either in the workplace or remotely via Microsoft Teams, giving 1-2-1 advice and guidance to help you achieve the following IMI qualifications:
- Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Level 3
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English & maths (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Future career development opportunities with a great company
Reality CheckClosing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications
Skills RequiredEnthusiasm to learn, Mechanically minded
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 3/D) Essential