BCA Marketplace Ltd forms part of largest automotive group, Constellation Automotive Group which also includes industry leaders such as We Buy Any Car and Cinch.
Operating across over 50 employment locations across the UK, BCA also comprises the largest finished vehicle logistics operation of its type, including vehicle storage, preparation and refurbishment as well as the UKs biggest vehicle transporter fleet.
Duties will include:
- Preparing paint spraying equipment
- Preparing the bodywork of the vehicle
- Mix paint by eye or using computer technology to ensure the best colour match
- Applying several coats to the car, including primers, colours and protective finishes
- Solving paint application problems; defects, cause and cures
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment
- Storing paints in the correct conditions
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
- Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
- Liaising with the customer or insurance company
- Providing quotations and estimations
As part of the service a bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new.
- Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
- Polish the windows, wheels, door handles and mirrors
- At BCA they invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression
- Apprentice loyalty bonus of up to £10,000 Ts & Cs apply
- The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications
- Please check you are able to travel to the BCA branch easily each day
- As a technician, you will often be working as part of a team, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have
- You must have a strong passion for the industry and in your own personal development as BCA will help support you, with further training opportunities available
- No previous automotive qualifications are required
- Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) grades of 9-4 (A*-C) in English and maths
- Attained or working towards a Full UK driving licence at the permissible age
This is a Vehicle Paint Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Remit Group. Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 12 separate weeks (Mon - Fri) over the duration of the programme, which equals 4 weeks per year. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance. As a result, you will receive the following qualification: Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard and Functional Skills in English & maths (if required)