Vehicle Damage Paint Apprenticeship - Advanced (Level 3)
BCA FLEET SOLUTIONS 2 LIMITED
REMIT GROUP LIMITED
Vehicle Damage Paint Technicians (also known as paint sprayers) are the ones who put the final touches on collision repairs and have the ability to make cars look just as they did when they came out of the showroom.
You will be trained to complete every aspect of painting a vehicle from paint preparation, through to painting and polishing.
- Preparing paint spraying equipment
- Preparing the bodywork of the vehicle
- Mix paint by eye or using computer technology to ensure the best colour match
- Applying several coats to the car, including primers, colours and protective finishes
- Solving paint application problems; defects, cause and cures
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment
- Storing paints in the correct conditions
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
- Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
- Liaising with the customer or insurance company
- Providing quotations and estimations
As part of the service a bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new.
- Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
- Polish the windows, wheels, door handles and mirrors
If you’re looking for a motor industry apprenticeship which could lead not just to a job but a long-term career with opportunities for promotion and progression, then this could be for you!
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
The job involves numerous activities, will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles. As a Paint Technician, you will often be working alongside panel beaters, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have.
- Commitment and enthusiasm are a must and a passion for motor vehicles and physical work would be an advantage
- You will need to have a high level of attention to detail and working to a high standard as the first thing the customer will see when they pick their car up is the colour match and the quality of the paint finish
No previous automotive qualifications are required, the right candidate will require GCSE 9-3 (A*-D) in English and maths and we will support you to help develop your knowledge further.
This is a Vehicle Paint Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby.
This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 12 separate weeks (Mon - Fri) over the duration of the programme, which equals 4 weeks per year. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Level 3
- Functional Skills in English & maths (if required)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.