TWP Manufacturing has been an established, high quality presswork and injection moulding business for more than 20 years. We are extremely proud to work with Paterson, Bull Barrow, Spyra Base. We service a wide variety of industry sectors from Automotive, construction, electrical and white goods through to high profile leisure and retail brands.
TWP Manufacturing is well equipped with an in house tool-making department. This facility coupled with our teams technical expertise enables us to assist in Design and production of a wide variety of Progression, Single action and injection moulding tools to extremely high specifications. All tooling design is undertaken using advanced Solidworks 3D CAD software.
The Injection Moulding facility houses machines ranging from 7 to 450 tonnes. It can accommodate a vast array of Engineering and Commodity polymers and master batches and will arrange for materials to be compounded pre production where necessary. Facilities also extend to over moulding, blow moulding and on line assembly and packing.
As an Apprentice at TWD Group, you will be:
- Working with high speed automatic and single action presses up to 250 tonne undertaking a wide spectrum of presswork using a variety of materials and processes
- Manufacturing in all materials from Mild Steel to Stainless Steel, Aluminium and Brass etc with additional services such as Powder Coating, Heat Treatment and Electro Plating also available
- Working in Conventional presswork is possible from coils, strips and blanks using modern coil feeds on all automatic machines, Secondary forming operations are fed individually through customer tooling for quality assurance
- You will assist with Mig, Tig, Spot and robotic welding with our dedicated welding shop
The Apprentice can progress to Level 3 upon completion of Level 2. We encourage training and full support will be given if the Apprentice shows dedication and the want to succeed.
Looking for someone with an easy commute to the workplace.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Excellent communication skills
- Looking for someone of any age to be a very hard worker and want to succeed
- Able to demonstrate a clear interest in working in the manufacturing sector
- Someone within easy commute to the workplace
- 3 GCSEs at grade 3 / D or above, or equivalent qualifications, especially in Maths and English language
Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations.
Level 2 Certificate in Engineering Operations:
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Lean/Business Improvement
- Mechanical maintenance/assemblies
- General Machining, Fitting and Assembly Applications
- Bench Fitting
Relevant Workplace Training.
Functional Skills (if required).
Please note that this Intermediate (Level 2) Apprenticeship will last for 12-18 months. It will involve spending one day per week at MAKE UK's state-of-the-art Training Hub in Aston, and four days per week at the employer's site for the duration of the apprenticeship.