What will the apprentice be doing?
If bikes are your passion then Triumph will provide you with first class training on the very latest products and innovations, with dedicated Triumph trainers who will help build knowledge and develop your skills.
Training will be provided both in the workplace and at our state of the art facility in Doncaster.
All we ask is that you are committed to the Apprenticeship Programme for 3 years and have the passion and ambition to grow into a highly skilled Motorcycle Service Technician.
You will also be required to have a grade 4 or above in maths & English at GCSE level or equivalent.
- Repairing engines, brakes, electrical systems, ignition systems, fuel injection systems, plugs and carburettors
- Doing inspections and routine services
- Fitting tyres
- Customising or fitting accessories to motorcycles
- Advising customers of necessary repairs and giving an estimate of cost and time
- Reading and following manuals, worksheets & technical drawings
- Using hand and power tools such as wrenches, drills and welding equipment
- Using computerised diagnostic equipment
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This is a Motorcycle Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Bosch Automotive Service Solutions. Off the job training is enabled in the workplace and is also delivered on a block release basis at the Training Centre in Doncaster. This means your residential based training will be delivered away from home and you will be required to stay in a hotel for separate training blocks over the 3 year duration of the course. All associated costs for training are met by the employer/the programme and there will be no cost to yourself/your parents or guardians.
Support will be provided by the workplace mentor and by your dedicated trainer. Your programme of study will enable you to have the required knowledge, skills & behaviours to achieve your:
- Motorcycle Service and Maintenance Technician (Motorcycle) Level 3 Apprenticeship standard
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of a full time role on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Reality CheckCandidates are advised to apply as soon as possible as the employer will start to interview when applications are received. This may mean the vacancy may close before the date advertised.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade 4) Essential