Please bear in mind before you apply that this role requires a high level of dedication and commitment from the successful applicant. There is an expectation that you will complete assessments, revision, off the job training and keep up to date with logging work in your own time.
What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a job with training. Through your apprenticeship, you will gain the technical knowledge, practical experience and wider skills and behaviours you need for your immediate job and future career. These skills and behaviours are gained through formal off-the-job training and the opportunity to practice these new skills in a real work environment.
As a Triumph Dealer, we ensure that no-one is better qualified to look after our motorcycles. Our Apprentice Technicians will be trained to manufacturer standards and have access to regular support and technical information.
Within the dealership, we utilise the latest diagnostic technology, tools, and best practice processes so you can offer our customers the very best assistance with their service or repair. You will be responsible for the diagnosis, repair, and service of the full range of Triumph motorcycles.
- Undertake the timely repair and servicing of customer motorcycles in accordance with the brands technical standards
- Conduct full examinations of motorcycles and identify non-routine defects, or additional faults either in the workshop or during road tests
- Undertake Vehicle Health Checks
- Work closely with the service team and ensuring they are kept informed of the progress of work on customer motorcycles and they are fully briefed on work completed. Discuss technical issues/works with directly customers when requested
- Provide a knowledgeable, courteous, responsive, and efficient service to all workshop customers, personifying the brand
- Obtain appropriate authorisation if additional work is required on a motorcycle.
- Build and maintain a high level of technical competence for diagnosing and servicing motorcycles and utilise regular training and support information provided
- Offer technical advice and support to workshop apprentices when requested by a Master Technician
- Be open to try new methods of work designed to improve efficiency
Full training will be provided by senior technicians, management and a dedicated mentor.
Permanent role upon successful and satisfactory completion of the apprenticeship.
When applying you will be asked to fill in an application form followed by an aptitude test. The aptitude test is made up of 20 questions and the pass mark of the test is 15/20. If you do not pass the aptitude test your application will be rejected and you will not be contacted.
Candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible as the employer will start to interview when applications are received. This may mean the vacancy may close before the date advertised.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, or experience any difficulties when applying, please contact Samantha Gee on 07773816273.
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £4.15 as of 1st April 2020. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship.
For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
No specific skills are required, however an interest in a career in motorcycles is essential.
- Possess good communication skills with the ability to explain technical information to colleagues and customers accurately and concisely
- Passionate about the industry, and committed to the development of your technical knowledge and skills
- Customer focused, able to keep customers experience and safety in mind throughout the service or diagnosis and repair
- Team Player - assist other technicians when workshop is under pressure, and take ownership of any safety issues you identify in the workshop
- Thorough and able to work with defined processes and guidelines
- Quality focused with first time fix mentality
- Honest with high levels of integrity
GCSEs grades 9-4/A*-C or Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and English (If you do not have the required qualifications for this apprenticeship unfortunately your application will be rejected and you will not be contacted).
Please ensure you also list all of your relevant qualifications.
This is a Motorcycle Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Bosch Automotive Service Solutions.
Training is delivered on a block release basis at the Triumph Training Centre in Hinckley.
This means your college based training will be delivered away from home and you will be required to stay in a hotel for 17 separate weeks (Mon - Fri) over the 3 year duration of the course. All associated costs for training are met by the employer/the programme and there will be no cost to yourself/your parents or guardians.
Assessments will also be conducted in the work place by a dedicated training assessor. You will also be assigned a workplace mentor for support in dealership.
As a result you will receive the following qualification:
- Motorcycle Technician (Repair and Maintenance) Level 3