Overview of the Accounting and Outsourcing service line
Our Accounting and Outsourcing team works to support our clients to better run their finance functions, understand their financial position and performance, and to ensure they are compliant with changing accounting and tax legislation. With the relentless pace of technology change you will need to be able to advise clients in areas such as process and digitalisation, business performance and financial reporting, while building enduring relationships that positions Mazars as a trusted adviser. Our successful team of more than 250 professionals is growing across all areas including cloud accounting, payroll, financial reporting and company secretarial.
An introduction to our Privately-Owned Business team:
Privately-Owned Business are a significant proportion of our client base, not just in the UK, but globally.
The Privately-Owned Business team's client base covers:
- Any privately-owned business/group by an individual(s) family, board of directors, private equity or venture capital backed with revenue between £1m - £150m
- Unregulated asset managers/owners privately owned with assets under management/ownership under £1bn
The role of an associate client advisor is to ensure accurate and timely preparation of partnerships accounts, financial statements and tax compliance for a range of UK clients . You will be the point of contact for your portfolio of clients, providing high quality advice on their year-end compliance process and work with other teams to deliver an excellent client experience.
We are now operating a hybrid working model, so as a trainee you will split your time between working from home, visiting the office, client sites when required or studying for your professional exams.
During your first two years you will:
- Learn how to use accounting software and systems in order to prepare financial statements for clients' year end requirements;
- Develop an understanding of financial statements as they relate to healthcare clients' businesses;
- Join client meetings and therefore enhance your understanding of our clients' needs
- Co-ordinate with other service areas to deliver all round client experience ; and
- Carry out tax computations for smaller clients
During your third year you will:
- Manage your own client portfolio;
- Self-review your own-work, ensuring minimal review points are raised by managers;
- Prepare benchmarking reports on our clients' financial performance using our bespoke healthcare benchmarking model
- Have confident knowledge of accounting standards which you apply to a given set of year end financials;
In your final year you will be expected to be able to take responsibility for the junior members of your team. You will train them and review their work.
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
Strong academic performance is important; however, we understand that things don't always go to plan. Our recruitment process looks at your whole self – academic achievements as well as other experiences in which you have grown and developed. We balance your academic results alongside the aptitude assessment within our recruitment process to ensure that you will be successful in your role with us.
We will fund your study towards the AAT qualification. Upon successful completion of this you will move onto study towards your ACCA qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track. You will also be allocated a buddy, who will support you to settle into the team and navigate your first year at Mazars.
- Annual Leave +
- Charitable Giving
- Dental Insurance
- Wellbeing Benefits
- Virtual GP
- Cycle to Work
- Gym Discounts
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits +