Traffic Telecommunications Engineer Apprentice
THE IT SKILLS MANAGEMENT COMPANY LIMITED
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be learning a variety of skills in order to effectively work as a skilled engineer. This will include:
- How to maintain cabinets and cable
- Commissioning and testing of onsite equipment
- How to work with Optical Fibre, including cable preparation, splicing, & testing
- installing copper cables in various locations across the UK's motorway network.
The role will be focused on delivering the best technical expertise to our customers - to keep the national motorway network flowing.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You'll gain a selection of industry standard qualifications - this will include:
- A Level 2 NVQ Certificate or Diploma - in Highway Electrical Systems
- An ECS HERS Card - licencing you to practice and work in the industry
- You will also gain vendor networking qualifications in-line with the apprenticeship
Functional skills at a level 2 for Mathematics and English (unless you have already achieved an equivalent qualification).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once you qualify, you will become part of our team of specialist telecoms engineers.
Reality CheckYou will be working outdoors in all conditions.
Skills RequiredIT skills, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Physical fitness, Basic knowledge of networking, Normal colour vision
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent More than three, any subject (Grade Above a grade 4) Essential
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.