What will the apprentice be doing?
- Being taught in our onsite Manufacturing Skills Development Centre, you will develop the skills to carry out production processes safely, efficiently and to outstanding quality
- You will spend 1 day a week in the classroom learning theory and 4 days a week doing practical production work in a shop
- You will undertake both classroom and off the job hand skills training, carrying out 3 different production placements in our various shops
- To develop your teamwork, communication and leadership skills, you will also spend time away from site on an outdoor activities residential and a community volunteer project
- You will be taught about the Toyota Production System and our core philosophies of Continuous Improvement and Respect for People
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Production apprentices will complete their training in our onsite Manufacturing Skills Development Centre
- Further offsite training (transport provided) will develop teamwork, communication, and planning through an outdoor activities’ residential and community volunteer project
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will gain a Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative (LMO) Diploma and be offered a permanent production team member position at Toyota
Apprentices without a Grade 4 or above in Maths and English GCSE will also be required to attempt a Level 2 functional skills in Maths and English alongside the LMO qualification.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Toyota places a key emphasis on long term professional and personal development
- The progression pathway upon completion of the apprenticeship from team member up the ranks through to section manager is clearly set out
- You will be enrolled on various learning and development programmes throughout your career to support your progression
Reality CheckApprentices are responsible for their own transportation to work during the apprenticeship. Apprentices must ensure they have a reliable and suitable transport method for getting to site for the start of their shift.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English Language / Literature (Grade 4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 4) Desired